Home Cooling System Annual Maintenance: Why Is It Important?
People sometimes ask us, “Is an air conditioner tune-up really necessary every year? Our answer is always the same: YES!
An air conditioning system is a major home comfort investment, and like any investment it needs to be protected. The best way to do that? Have your A/C professionally maintained every year.
Four reasons your A/C needs some TLC before you start it up for the year:
- More reliable equipment – About four out of the five air conditioner repairs we see are preventable; proper care will help you avoid inconvenient equipment breakdowns, and the potentially costly A/C repairs that come with them. If you have a medical condition that gets worse in the heat, having a reliable cooling system isn’t a luxury – it’s a necessity.
- Lower bills – A well-maintained air conditioner runs more efficiently, so you’ll save on your utility bills – often enough over the course of a single cooling season to pay for your annual tune-up.
- Longer system life – Replacing your neglected A/C earlier than you need to can be a drag – and a costly one, at that. Regular maintenance can add years to the life of your air conditioner.
- Improved air quality – A well-maintained air conditioner helps control humidity in your home, keeping air healthy and helping to prevent mold problems. Running it on high pollen days can help you breathe more easily, too.
The Silver Platter A/C Plan: The smart way to maintain your cooling system
Want an even better way to get value out of your cooling maintenance? Sign up for a brand new Silver Platter Air Conditioning Plan from Scott Williams.
Your plan includes:
- An annual 12-point checkup, which can be scheduled on weekdays in the spring, summer or fall
- Guaranteed emergency air conditioning service during daylight hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Repairs as required with no charge for covered parts and the labor associated with their replacement.*
Keep your home air conditioner running better for longer – sign up for a Silver Platter A/C Service Plan, which includes a tune-up plus covered repairs, repair discounts, priority service, and more. Contact us today to learn more.
Please note: At Scott Williams, your safety and comfort are always our priority. Please see our COVID-19 Service Update Page to learn more about how we are working to keep your family and our crews safe and your home comfort systems working as we navigate this challenging time.
*Parts not covered will be charged at normal time and material rates