End of Summer Air Conditioning Care
A Useful Checklist
This summer has brought record-breaking heat throughout America and even here in Boston’s South Shore. That means you’ve been relying on your AC a lot—probably more than you have in the past. When your AC has to keep up with the type of heat and humidity we’ve had this summer, it can lead to wear and tear that may cause problems for you in the future. Now is a good time to identify and address any such problems.
Your End of Summer AC Checklist
We see it all the time, periods of high heat and humidity put a big strain on cooling systems (especially if they’re older). Make sure your AC is still up to the job. Here are five things to do before the summer ends:
- Replace the air filter. Hopefully, you made a habit of regularly changing the air filter throughout the summer. Changing your air filters on a regular basis is a simple and cost-effective way to help your air conditioner perform better. Change them again before the start of the heating season. This is especially important if you have a combined heating/cooling HVAC system.
- Clean around the outdoor unit. Check for and remove anything that may block airflow, e.g., bushes, grass, nests, and leaves.
- Clean and clear the coils and condensate line. This is best done by a professional as part of a maintenance visit. Scott Williams provides thorough AC maintenance. We’ll make sure that your AC is in good working order so that there are no unpleasant surprises in the future. Regular professional maintenance is the best way to prevent breakdowns and keep your AC running as efficiently as possible—which will lower your cooling costs.
- Inspect your AC. Look and listen. Look for any obvious frayed wires or rust. Listen for unusual sounds. If you hear anything out of the ordinary, contact Scott Williams to request a service visit. Other things to look out for at the end of the summer are refrigerant leaks and frozen coils.
- Schedule a tune-up. Especially if you didn’t get maintenance for your AC during the spring or early summer, do it now. The end of summer or early autumn is actually a great time to schedule your AC maintenance. Tune-ups don’t wear off, so doing it now will give you one less thing to worry about next spring/summer. And if we discover your AC requires a significant repair, there will be plenty of time to order replacement parts or upgrade your system. Given the supply chain issues of late, there’s no harm it getting a jump start on being ready for next summer now.
Whether you’re AC needs to be replaced, repaired, or just maintained, Scott Williams can do it for you. Our tune-up will ensure that your system runs as efficiently as possible, and efficiency saves you money—up to 30%. It’s also better for the environment. We can also handle any necessary repairs. Scott Williams also installs new AC systems. So if it is time for an upgrade, we can help with that as well.
Leave It to Scott Williams
Scott Williams is here to keep you warm all winter and cool all summer. From heating oil delivery to the installation, maintenance, and repair of furnaces, boilers, and air conditioning systems, we do it all for our customers in Suffolk, Norfolk, and Plymouth County. Click here to see if you live in our service area.
Contact Scott Williams today to learn more about how we can keep you comfortable.