Your Water Heater: Five Signs It’s Time To Replace It
Your water heater is one of those appliances that you don’t appreciate until it stops working – you know, when you’re shocked by ice water in the shower or can’t wash your dishes, or when you discover an unexpected pool of rusty water in your basement.
Water Heater Trouble Signs
The good news is that your water heater will usually tell you it’s in trouble before the worst happens. Here are some telltale signs that your water heater may need to be replaced sooner than later:
- Higher energy bills – If your bills are getting higher even though heating oil prices haven’t changed much, your water heater is probably losing efficiency and underperforming.
- Leaks and rusty water – Water under your tank or rusty water coming from it are often signs that your water heater is corroding on the inside.
- Hard water stains – If you begin to see new signs of hard water, such as white stains on your silverware and glassware, it could be indicating a buildup of lime in your tank – a problem that will reduce efficiency and shorten the lifespan of your water heater.
- Odd sounds – Growling or gurgling sounds in your storage tank are usually a sign of sediment build-up – a problem that eventually lead to costly water heater repairs or a premature replacement if it is not addressed.
- Age – A storage water heater (one with a tank) will last about 10 years on average, assuming it is properly maintained by a professional; once you pass the decade mark, it’s usually worthwhile to replace your water heater for improved performance and more reliable operation.
Water heater installations on Boston’s South Shore
If you’re experiencing these or any other problems with your water heater, it could be time to replace your water heater. Our water heater experts will help you choose an oil-fired model that’s the right fit for your space, use, and budget, then install it quickly and correctly so you can get back to your hot showers and dry basement.
In the market for a new water heater? Consider an indirect-fired water heater from Scott Williams – one of the most energy-efficient, low-cost water heater options on the market today. Take advantage of the heat generated by your boiler to lower your water heating bills and get more bang for your water heating buck.
Contact us today to learn how you can SAVE UP TO $400 on a new indirect water heater, professionally installed by the pros at Scott Williams – or to get a FREE, no obligation estimate on water heater installations on Boston’s South Shore.