Service Your AC This Spring
Maintenance Tips for the Season
Here in New England, the AC season is comparatively short. However, we still get our fair share of scorchers during the summer, and you don’t want to find out your AC isn’t up to the task of keeping you and your family comfortable and cool when the temps and humidity start to rise. Spring is the ideal time to check on your AC and make sure it’s in good working order. A bit of maintenance now will save you money over time and make it less likely that your AC will conk out when you need it most.
AC Prep Checklist
Here are some things to do and consider this spring to make sure your AC is ready for the hot months ahead:
- Age. If your AC system is over 15 years old, now is the time to look into upgrading to a new and more efficient system. A new high-efficiency air conditioning system from Scott Williams could cut your cooling costs in half!
- Check your thermostat. This is the brain of your HVAC system. Make sure it’s working properly and replace the batteries.
- Check your vents. Move all obstructions away from your vents so cool air can enter unobstructed (e.g., drapes, curtains, furniture, etc.).
- Check your ductwork. Seal up any obvious leaks and fix out-of-place duct joints in exposed ductwork areas. Leaks lead to unnecessarily higher energy bills.
- Clear the drain line. This will prevent water from being diverted back into your home or toward your foundation and causing problems.
- Check your AC filter for blockages. Be sure to check your air filter monthly and replace or clean it as needed. A blocked filter will reduce your system’s efficiency. A chronically blocked AC filter could cause your cooling system to fail.
- Check your electrical lines. Check all electrical connections and circuit breakers. Make sure there are no wiring problems that could cause you to lose power to your AC.
- Clean the outdoor condenser unit. Check for and remove any debris like leaves, twigs, and nests to make sure your system has adequate airflow.
You shouldn’t skip on the maintenance of your AC system, but you don’t have to do it yourself. Scott Williams can do it for you. Our tune-up will ensure that your system runs as efficiently as possible, and efficiency saves you money—up to 30%. It’s also better for the environment. And if any repairs are needed, we can handle that for you.
In addition to repairs and maintenance, Scott Williams also installs new AC systems. So if it is time for an upgrade, we can help. A Scott Williams professional can perform a complete comfort analysis of your home and help you make the best decision based on your needs and budget. Then we’ll make sure it’s properly installed so that you’re comfortable no matter how hot it gets.
Leave It to Scott Williams
Just as you can trust Scott Williams to keep you warm all winter, you can trust us to help you stay cool all summer. We serve Suffolk, Norfolk, and Plymouth County. Click here to see if you live in our service area.
Contact Scott Williams today to learn more about how we can keep you comfortable.