Can Your Furnace Replacement Wait Until Next Year?
To Repair or Replace, That Is the Question
As someone who lives in New England, you need a heating system you can count on no matter how harsh the winter gets. And with Scott Williams, you get a company you can count on to maintain and repair your furnace. But there comes a time when it makes more sense to replace your furnace. When that day comes, Scott Williams is a provider of quality furnaces that offer improved efficiency and will lower your energy costs.
Not sure whether it’s time to repair or replace your furnace? Wondering if you can put of replacement for another year or more? Scott Williams offers free no-obligation heating system evaluations that will help you make an informed decision.
When Should I Replace My Furnace?
Here are some guidelines for determining if you should repair or replace your furnace this year.
It’s a good idea to repair your furnace if…
- It’s less than 10 years old and in good condition.
- Your heating costs have been appropriate.
- You’re pleased with your level of comfort.
- Your furnace provides reliable performance.
- You’re planning to move within the next five years.
- Your furnace is still under warranty.
It’s a good idea to replace your furnace if…
- It’s more than 10 years old and in average or worse condition.
- Your heating costs have increased inexplicably.
- You’ve been dissatisfied with your level of comfort.
- Your furnace breaks down often.
- Your furnace burns too much fuel.
- You’re planning to remain in your home for at least five more years.
What Are The Benefits Of A New Furnace?
If your furnace is on the older side and you’re planning to stay in your home for at least another five years, there are a lot of advantages to upgrading. Modern furnaces can be as much as 98.5% efficient. Upgrading to a more efficient furnace will save you money and decrease your emissions. So, especially if your furnace is older, you can save money in the long run (and do something positive for the environment) by replacing it with a new, high-efficiency furnace.
So, if you’re planning to stay in your home for the foreseeable future, ask yourself the following questions:
- How old is your furnace? A high-efficiency furnace can last fifteen years. However, if your furnace is ten years or older, there may be advantages to replacing it. A lot depends on how well your furnace has been maintained. Has it received annual tune-ups? If you furnace hasn’t received regular yearly maintenance, then it’s possible an expensive problem is just around the corner.
- How much are you spending on repairs? As furnaces age, they tend to need repairs more often. And the repairs get more expensive and more frequent with time. That’s especially true for a furnace that isn’t receiving regular maintenance. If you could buy a new furnace for twice what you’re paying in repairs, then replacement is a better value.
- Is your furnace efficient? An older furnace, especially one that doesn’t receive regular maintenance, might only be 60% efficient. That means you’re wasting almost half of every dollar you spend on fuel. A new furnace can be up to 98% efficient. You’ll save money for years on fuel and repair costs.
Still not sure if you should repair or replace your furnace this year? Don’t worry. You don’t need to make the decision on your own. Contact Scott Williams to request a free heating system evaluation, and one of our experts will help you make the best decision for your circumstances.
Trust Scott Williams
At Scott Williams, we repair, maintain, sell, and install furnaces. So whether you decide to repair or replace yours, we can help. And everything we do begins and ends with service.
If you live in Suffolk, Norfolk, or Plymouth County, you can count on us. Click here to see our service area.
Contact us today to schedule a maintenance or repair visit or to request a free heating system evaluation for your Massachusetts home.